Friday, October 14, 2011

We are off to a great start! I am so excited about working with your kids and helping them discover new passions and interests.  The Nesters are full of great ideas for individual projects and they should be narrowing in on a topic to study.  The kids will be working on both individual projects and group activities during Falcon's Nest.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or information that may help me have more insight into what makes your child tick!

I shared this short video from The Parent Show on PBS with some of the kids.  A few of the Nesters decided that I should not show this to their parents because "they would love it and make us do stuff." So here you go! 

PBS also has a terrific series called The Secret Life of Scientists and Engineers in which they do very short interviews with adults who are working in those fields. The videos are fun, short and really inspiring. I will be sharing some of these interviews with the kids throughout the school year.  I will  post some of them here so you can follow along.

No comments:

Post a Comment